Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas

Yep, Christmas...
That means I have to start practicing songs for the Christmas program. I need 3 songs; looked through my song book and picked Campana sobre campana, one of my favorites.
I decided to just teach the children a couple of verses. Here's what I did to teach them the song:
  • I started by singing it to them, then I translated the whole thing to give them an idea of what the song is all about.
  • Then I read them the first sentence on the verse and draw them a picture (it was easy, I draw a bell on top of a bell :)), I asked them to tell me what the picture was and they got it!
  • After that we just sang that first sentence a few times, we will continue to do the next sentence (y sobre campana una) next week.
I also recorded a Cd for the lead teacher to play to the kids when I am not there.
I am working on the drawings for the whole song, I'll post them when they're ready.

I also put together a booklet with 14 Christmas songs, you can download it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment