Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shape board game

I created a board game to practice shapes with the preschoolers and kinders. Here is what I did:
  1. Got a $1 poster board at the Dollar store.
  2. Divided poster board in 6 parts.
  3. Drew shapes in different colors (around 16). Make sure to use all the colors and shapes learned.
  4. Marked start & finish.
  5. I got a bunch of spider rings left over from Halloween last year, I cut the ring part and I used them for game pieces.
  6. Do the same on each part of the poster board, at the end you'll have 6 game boards.
To play:
  • Have the children take turns calling out the shape and color of the first shape in their game board. If they name it correctly they can move their game piece on top of that shape, if not, they will stay where they are.
  • Do the same for each shape until they get to the last shape.
Here are some pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment