Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spanish names

A few weeks ago, one of the children asked me what would his name be in Spanish. Well, his name is Tyler :)
I don't really like to translate names but the kids always ask for it so; I translate the ones that have a direct translation firs like: John, Dominick, , etc. Then, I try to find a Spanish name that starts with the same letter of the child name. Here's an example: Dylan=Dionisio; Amira=Amaranta; Ari=Ariel. You get the idea, as for Tyler? I picked Tadeo :)
I usually make note cards with the children name and Spanish name and tape them around the classroom. Some children are happy just to have the note card there, others ask me to call them by their Spanish name every class!
Here is a link for boys names and girls names.

No comments:

Post a Comment