Sunday, January 23, 2011

Make your own dominos/dominoes

Here is how I make my dominoes:
  1. Find a rectangular paper in the size you want your dominoes to be. I found a couple of notepads I got at the Montessori conference last year for free :); they are approx. 7"x5". I used the back side since the front had the company's logo and I didn't want that on the front of my dominoes. You'll need 54 sheets.
  2. Use a sharpie to draw the dots. Start with one dot on one side and nothing on the other. Go all the way to nine: one-zero; one-one; one-two, one-three; one-four; one-five; one-six; one-seven; one-eight; one-nine. Do the same with every number. Do not repeat two-one since you already have one-two. This way you'll have less number combinations towards the end.
  3. Here are the finished dominoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment