Thursday, January 13, 2011

Numbers

For numbers I used the Numbers Flashcards to review the numbers they already knew. Then used the Three Part Lesson for the numbers they didn't know. Then we played Bingo.
To make the bingo:
  1. I save everything ;) I had a few bottle caps. I wrote the numbers on the caps from 1-50, then put them in a jar (spaghetti sauce jars are great!).
  2. I made a big Bingo card with the numbers in order from 1-50. My father in law is an engineer, so I use some of his old plans paper; not only I am recycling but they're great size!
  3. Then I put the bottle caps inside an empty Kleenex box :) and voila! you have a great homemade bingo.

To play:

  1. Without looking grab one bottle cap from the Kleenex box.
  2. Show it to the kids and whoever knows which number it is should raise his/her hand and after you called their name if they say the right number in Spanish they'll get to put the cap on top of the number on the bingo card.
  3. If they don't know the number, tell them then, put the cap back in the Kleenex box.
  4. When all the numbers have been found the whole group gets to call Bingo!

Did I mention that the kids loved it? Well, they did! They asked if we can play again next week. Here are some pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment