Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day of school!!

Yesterday was the first day of school. I explained the rules and some of the rituals in the classroom (where to line up; calendar; materials care, etc.)
Tomorrow we will start with the first lesson!!! We will be learning colors with the new preschoolers and with the Kindergartners (kinders)we will review colors and feelings.
I do feelings during the first class with the kinders because we make our "Hoy estoy ___" wall where each child makes a "Estoy feliz" face while I take a picture, then a "Estoy triste" face and so on. Then, I print and laminate the pictures and every class I ask the children: "Como estas?" and they tell me: "Estoy enojado", then they grab that picture of them and tape it on the "Hoy estoy ____" wall.
They love it! Pictures will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment